Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Can I go back to sleep now?-5 wks 6 days

I am astounded at how tired I am this time.  I mean, I know I was tired before, but this is a new level of exhaustion.  I can barely keep my eyes open at work, all I want to do when I get home is nap.  I guess that part isn't different, but the level of exhaustion is so much more.  I'm not just sleepy, it's like I need to sit down before I fall down.

The morning sickness is also new.  I haven't thrown up since Saturday but I spent Saturday night sitting in front of the toilet almost hoping I would.  We had sushi that night, which was delicious going down....but everytime I burped or dry heaved, well you get the picture.  Not so good the second time.  But aside from the unpleasantness of throwing up, I welcome the symptom.  And I am very pleased that I only seem to throw up in the evenings and when I am home.

Ok, now it's time for a small rant.  I miss my July ladies.  March is....well, right now it's puppies puking and farting rainbows.  I don't remember July being like that in the beginning, but if it was I am praying March will even out in a few weeks.  I don't care for the super heavy snark on TTGP, some is fine of course but I am not liking the other extreme either.  Lots of Yays!!!! and squeels, and I'm preggo!  A trillion questions about whether cramps are normal and wanting to know when it is safe to tell people.

Sigh....maybe I am just a bitter bitch, or maybe it's because this is my EDD week, or maybe it's just the difference of being a "second time" mom and knowing most of the answers (for now anyway, maybe I'll get to be an annoying newb after 22 weeks) ,but somedays I can't take it.  I just want to scream that we can talk like adults instead of saying yay and yippie, the word is pregnant not preggo or preggers, yes cramps are normal and it is NEVER safe to tell people, so tell them when you want.  Ugh, and the twin thing.  Everyone is obsessed with having twins.  I mean, if multiples is what you want then by all means, wish away.  But everyone that wants twins wants them because "two babies are cute, and you can dress them alike and give them rhyming names".  How about the fact that twins are much higher risk than singletons, their almost always born premature, there is twice as much poop, twice as much crying and they cost twice as much money.

If I ever got twins, of course I would love them, but it's not something I ever would wish for and I want to smack people in the face when they naively wish for twins just for the "oh so fun cuteness factor"  Ugh, I really am a bitter old hag today.  Maybe I will feel better once this week passes, but I had to get it out here before I went off on a poor excited newb.  On the bright side, I am looking forward to Kayla's balloon release on Saturday.  I can't wait to see all of the pretty balloons floating up to Heaven with messages of how much we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment