Saturday, July 13, 2013

Beta #3- 4 wks 3 days

is not in yet.  But I had them done a couple hours ago and being a Saturday, hopefully they will call sooner than they did the other day.

I almost didn't make it to the hospital to get them done.  My husband brought a work truck home last night because him and a few buddies are working on our front yard landscape today so the truck was in the drive way and my car was in the garage.  Ryan went out to move the truck so I could get my car out to go, but the key wouldn't work.

I guess they've had this issue a few times with this truck.  So we waited about 30 minutes for his buddy to get here, but it was getting really close to the time the lab closes, so I watched a youtube video on how to unlock your car with a wire coat hanger, but just then his buddy showed up.  So he climbed on top of the truck, wedged the door open as far as he could with a screw driver and then used a campfire stick thing for marshmallows to slide down in and hit the unlock button.  It took about 10 minutes but he got it.

I called and they said they would stay a little late if they knew what time I would be in, and I ended up getting there just a few minutes after they would close.  But I wasn't the only one still coming in for blood, so at least they weren't solely waiting on me.  So now, I wait....and wait.  My FIL is here helping out, so I'm hoping if he is still here once we get the results I can call my MIL and tell them "together".  I want them to know no matter what, but since I'll get my results in a matter of hours, I might as well wait until I get them to spill the beans, otherwise I'll be way too nervous.

Update: Betas are 769 I think she said.  It made me a little nervous at first, because doubling every 48 hours would have been 868.  But the nurse said they are very happy with those numbers, and the beta calculating site says they should double every 31-72 hours, and this has them doubling every 50 hours.  So we're good :)  My MIL ended up stopping by afterall so we were able to tell both her and my FIL in person, and then we called my SIL and told her the news.  They are all very happy for us, but cautiously so.  I really haven't done much of anything today except go on a beer/pop run and then go get groceries for lunch that we served to everyone that helped on the landscape, but I am utterly exhausted.  I must go nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment