Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Capture your grief, day 11

11. CREATIVE HEARTWORK | Have you done anything special to memorialize your child? Maybe you got a tattoo or commissioned a piece of art to be created. Maybe you have a special piece of jewelry to remember them by or created a garden.




We've done a bunch of things.  The first thing we did, just a few days after she passed was go make appointments to get tattoos done.  It was my third, and my husband's first.  He kept talking about getting one but he didn't know of what, and I kind of joked with him, "Babe, there are certain things that if you haven't done them by age 30, you shouldn't do them".  So I was happy he was able to get a very special tattoo for his first, and one that he will never ever regret having.

Here is mine, I got her actual footprint (to scale) and her name and date.  I now kind of wish I had gotten it on the top of my foot, but oh well.  It's on my inner left ankle.


Here is Ryan's, it's on his lower right arm.  I think it is absolutely gorgeous, and while I do love having her footprint on me, I am a bit jealous of his tattoo, it's so beautiful.



After planning for 3 years to do this, we finally got Kayla's garden planted.  But, we had a really hot summer this year and our watering schedule just couldn't keep up with the affects of the sun.  And on top of that, I let the weeds get out of control, because it was so damn hot out, I just couldn't bring myself to go out and take care of them.  I'm very sad that we let this happen, but we'll plant a new garden in the spring and make sure it's taken care of.  But here it is the day we finished it.










*********************************************************************************


So I just wanted to write real quick about a few things.  Emily didn't nap today, and boy was she a little hellion toward bed time.  But the reason she didn't nap was kind of funny.  She had a tantrum about something earlier in the day, so I put her in time out, which is in the corner of the couch.  Sometimes she will sit quietly in time out and watch TV, like she must have done today.  I got busy with my phone and was enjoying the silence, when I finally looked up after a while and saw that she had fallen asleep.  I'm not sure how long she was sitting there, my guess is 20-30 minutes.  Poor baby, mommy made her sit in time out so long she fell asleep!

Tonight I cleaned out her closet to make room for fall clothes, but I decided to go a step further and cleaned out her old coats, hats, dresses, pajamas, pants, shoes, and shorts.  I normally pack them away in a tote, but I don't have any empty totes at the moment, and our storage in the basement is getting pretty full.  I already have a pack n play I want to sell at the resale shop, so I figured why not see how much of the clothes they'll take as well.  I ended up with four large bags and one small bag (shoes).  I think most of them are very clean and cute, so I am hoping they take almost all of it.  There are only a few pieces that have small stains I just couldn't get out.  That would be awesome if I get a decent chunk of change to buy her fall wardrobe with.

Packing up these clothes was surprisingly easy.  I think because they are obviously her bigger clothes, and they just went straight from closet to bags.  I am used to seeing all these clothes in her closet, so it's not like I sat there, going through totes of clothes I hadn't seen in months or years, especially teeny weeny clothes that make me sad that my baby is growing up too fast.  Since we know for sure now that there won't be another little one, I would love to get rid of all her stuff in the basement, but I just don't think I'm ready for the first year of clothes, or any of her gear.  I guess it's not hurting anything to keep it a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment