Thursday, October 27, 2016

Capture your grief, day 26

26. #WHATHEALSYOU | Turning the WHY into What Heals You? has been one of my greatest healers. Whenever I found myself asking “why did this have to happen. Why me? Why him?” etc etc I started asking myself what heals me? I revisited passions of mine and spent a little bit of time each day giving those passions my attention. Before too long, my life started becoming beautiful again. Share about what heals you and if you are not sure, have a think about what it is you ar passionate about. What heals you if often hidden there


I would have to say first and foremost, Emily heals me.  I've said it a million times, she is and never will be a replacement for Kayla.  But I honestly don't know where I would be without her.  She is just the funniest, smartest, sweetest little girl and she makes me smile every single day.

I also love to do crafts and work on projects.  Despite being incredibly lazy at times, I really am someone who likes to stay busy.  Have too much downtime begets more down time, and laziness and lack of motivation.  Asking the impossible questions usually inevitably also means I am feeling down, and lazy and blah which also means too much time to think.  When I am busy crafting, I don't think, I just get lost in what I am doing.  I also love to plan projects...sometimes planning them and going to the store to buy the items is just as much fun as the project itself.  It's something I always look forward to.  I am always too lazy to go to the grocery store, I was even feeling a bit lazy for Target the other day (gasp, I know!) but I am always up for a trip to the craft store.

Even better when the craft involves something for Kayla.  I've done quite a few projects for her, and being in my happy place while crafting, plus doing something for her is definitely a healing passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment