Monday, June 24, 2013

Interesting cycle

This is going to be a long 2WW.  I am so freaking excited and optimistic I can barely stand it.  So after my blazing OPK yesterday, I had weird pains all day.  Normally my O pains are in a very specific spot (always on the right for as long as I actually know when I O....is my left one just for decoration?) and sharp jabs of pain.

But all day yesterday the pain was more spread out and kind of went into my back as well....the best way I can describe it is it felt like someone was firmly squeezing my ovary.  It also felt a little bit like when you wake up and have to pee soo bad it hurts.  Then I rememberd, and thanks to my awesome note-taking in FF, I had that very same pain the cycle I got pregnant with Kayla.  My OPK then too was super positive, meaning the test line was clearly positive the moment the urine passed over it.

So of course, I have to wonder what this means.  Is this a "stronger" ovulation than most months?  Or does it mean nothing at all?  Regardless, I am so so proud of my body for Oing three months in a row.  Well, I haven't Od yet, but I finally got a negative OPK around noon today (this morning's was still positive) so I am thinking I'll O today or tomorrow.  Each month that I O, I just sit and stare at my positive OPKs in disbelief that my body is doing what it's supposed to.  Positive OPKs are so pretty....though not as drop dead gorgeous as a positive HPT :)

So, one of my favorite past times is putting in dummy temps to see what my chart might do.  If I O today or tomorrow and get pregnant, our EDD would be March 17th or 18th.  Yikes...that is just one week before Kayla's angelversary.  It makes me very nervous, but maybe having a baby in March would be a good thing, to turn a sad month into a happy one.

However, I'll take a March due date over having, say another summer due date and trying to get through the month of March without losing my mind from fear.  My FIL is at our house right now painting the nursery.  Ryan and I both agreed it was too sad to leave it unfinished so Joe volunteered to paint it for us.  Thank goodness too, we're the worst painters in the world.  I had thought it would be a good idea, but now that I know it will likely be done or almost done when I get home, I'm a little unsure how it will make me feel.

But, it's got to be painted sometime, and doing it once we're already pregnant makes me nervous.  I am afraid I would never feel we're "safe" enough to go ahead and do it.  In case it isn't apparent, I am very superticious. 

1 comment:

  1. Fingers crossed for a good strong O!

    How sweet of your father-in-law to do the painting for you.

    ReplyDelete