Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Why?

The other pregnant woman at work just had her baby, a girl.  Of course.  Everyone was buzzing about it this morning, yacking about how they knew they were right about it being a girl, and others being like oh man I thought it would be a boy.  This is just how it is, 99% of the world hears someone is pregnant...they watch them grow bigger over the months, they go on maternity leave and then one morning everyone is yacking over the news that she had the baby.

This is how it is supposed to work.  So how come that didn't happen for me?  Why can't I live in that blissfully ignorant world where a pregnancy always results in a healthy baby at the end?


ETA: My day brightened a little.  The cemetery called to say her grave marker is in.  I am really surprised, it's only been about two weeks since we approved the proof, so I thought it would be 6+ weeks before it would be ready so I am very happy that it is in.  I felt odd about her only having the temporary marker...like a bad mother who sends their kids to school in dirty, holey clothes.  I want her to have a nice marker that shows how much we love her.  I'm also really happy that it will be in for the balloon release.

Then I called the nurse at my OB's office because I want to wean off from zoloft.  Truthfully I wouldn't mind staying on it longer, but I am not comfortable being on it, even for a little bit, once I am pregnant again.  She wasn't sure so she consulted with the my doctor and called me back.  She said since I was on it such a short time, it's ok to just stop taking it.  So that makes me happy, weaning off of medicine can be a pain in the butt.  She asked how I am doing, and I said I'm having a bit of a rough week since my shower was supposed to be this weekend and she was like awwww, yeah that's got to be hard.  She asked if I am going off the zoloft so I can get pregnant again and I said yeah, and she said she really hopes to see me back in there soon and she's got her fingers crossed for me.  I am so lucky to have found such awesome doctors and nurses.

Like any hospital I am sure, there are fans and critics.  For whatever reason of everyone I know that has an opinion on Oakwood, it seems to be 50/50.  But I LOVE it.  From my RE to my OB and both nurses in that office to the L&D nurses and doctors, they are amazing and I would never even consider any other hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment