Monday, September 2, 2013

Heartbeat- 11 wks 5 days

I found the heartbeat today, finally.  Well I shouldn't say finally, just shy of 12 weeks is actually a very average time to find it, but I let all the people swearing they found it at 8 weeks sway me into trying to find it way too early.  I actually feel bad for people with the doppler that shows the heartrate, because I think so many people rely on just finding anything close to the range that it should be, they don't learn what the baby's heartbeat actually sounds like.

In the weeks past, I've heard things that I may have thought, as a first time mom, could be the heartbeat but I knew it wasn't.  But the second I heard it today, a huge smile spread across my face and I knew without a shadow of a doubt that it was Boo.  It couldn't have come at a better time too, I got really upset last night.  The 9th anniversary of my mom's death is coming up this week, and I got upset, missing her.  Like hyperventilating upset. 

So once I calmed down I was very scared that I hurt Boo.  I mean, it's probably not as simple as that, that you can get really upset and spontaneously miscarry, but I am sure the stress isn't good for her.  So I am so thankful I found the HB today, I really really needed to hear it.  I calculated the heartrate and came up with 180.  I know it's an old wives tale, but I still think it's a girl.  My NT scan is coming up next week...I know there is a chance they can tell the sex but I am not counting on it.  Though with all of the extra monitoring I'll get, I am pretty confident we'll find out before the anatomy scan.  I'm so anxious to know if we're having another daughter or a son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment