Thursday, September 12, 2013

Vegas Baby!- 13 wks 2 days

Our babymoon is booked!  We leave October 31st (the day after our 3rd wedding anniversary, so it's a babymoon and anniversary trip in one) so we'll get there pretty late, and then have all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and our flight home leaves around 11pm Sunday night and we'll get home around 6am Monday morning.  We both took Monday off work too so it doesn't matter how early/late we get in.  All direct flights, no changing planes, both flights are like 3.5 hours.  And we're staying at the Luxor, I love the Luxor and always wanted to stay there.  I'm hoping I can talk my husband into seeing the shark exhibit at the mandalay bay again.

I'm like, "jumping on the bed" excited.  At first I was a little worried after I booked because I misunderstood the travel insurance.  For some reason I had it in my head that our trip was a lot more than it is, so I was thinking we would only be reimbursed for half if we have to cancel.  But then I realized my mistake today, and cancelling would mean we would be reimbursed for it all, except for the $80 we spent on the actual insurance.  Whew, so I'm feeling much better now.

Honestly though, even if I were to have some complications, as long as I'm only required to take it easy or be on modified bed rest, I say we still go (with my doctor's permission of course) and just hang out by the pool.  Why lay around at home when we can lay around in Vegas?

So for whatever reason, I always crash really hard the day after an appt.  My last two appts I was really happy afterward, felt great, felt relieved, etc.  Then the next day I'm all anxious and pgal is in full force.  I am not sure why that is.  I was a little crampy last night, but mostly I just couldn't get my brain to calm down.  I'm feeling better today though, especially since I heard the beautiful heartbeat last night.  I was just about done with it last night when my husband came in and wanted to hear it, and of course I couldn't find it then.  Our babies always become stinkers when Ryan wants to hear, or feel for a kick.  Man I can't wait till this one starts kicking. 

I decided I'm likely going to have to announce at work around when I have my anatomy scan.  At about 18 weeks was when I really started looking pregnant instead of just fat last time, and they say it happens sooner the second time.  I know I don't HAVE to tell people, but the more pregnant I look the more self conscious I'll be, wondering if people have put two and two together.  I'm already paranoid that they heard me puke that one day, or that they suspect since I leave early/come in late so often.  I think if I can make it to 18 or 19 weeks that will be good...that's almost half the pregnancy that I'll have avoided the dumb comments.  And who knows, maybe after losing Kayla, people will be afraid to comment on my pregnancy. 

So if I am telling work around then, I'm thinking maybe we'll go public on FB around 24 weeks.  I just definitely want to get past Kayla's loss milestone, and getting to Vday will be nice.  I was going to wait until Christmas, but I am FB friends with a few people from work....the more people who know, the more chance it's going to slip.  I'd rather just announce a little earlier than planned, then to constantly have to keep in mind who knows and who doesn't know so I don't spill the beans. 

We leave for Vegas just 7 weeks from today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment