Friday, September 20, 2013

My best friend- 14 wks 3 days

I have the most amazing, supportive best friend in the entire world.  She text me today, complaining that she was sick, maybe allergies and needed some Claritan.  I had a bad allergy attack last week and bought a $20 box of Claritan and I know I will lose it, or it will expire before I can ever use it all.  So I replied that if she was at work, she should stop by after and I'd give her some (she lives like 25 minutes away but works about 10 minutes from my house).  She said great, and came by on her way home.

We only get to hang out like once a month since we're both busy with life, and it's usually with her kids.  So she came in and we visited for like 45 minutes.  It was just so nice to see her when I hadn't expected to and we got to talk without interruption from adorable kiddos.  So I was telling her about my surgery and we got to talking about my pregnancy now that I have the cerclage and I was ranting about how so many people are telling me not to worry and some are acting like I'm overreacting.  And she said whenever I need to, I can talk to her about it, and she'll listen.  She'll never tell me not to worry, she'll never tell me that I am being silly or act like I'm overreacting :)  I <3 her.

When my husband text her from the hospital to tell her I was in labor, she didn't ask if she should come, she didn't tell him to keep her updated.  She said she was on her way; she got her kids situated and she came to the hospital and stayed all day.  She came back the next day, even wiped my nose for me because I was crying and boogery, lol.  She brought us lunch one day that week, was there for Kayla's funeral and luncheon afterward, was there for her balloon release and donated money for our fundraiser walk.  No questions asked, never a "well I'm not sure I can make it", she's just always been there.  I love her with all my heart and I'm the luckiest girl to have her as my best friend.  I picture us as 90 year old ladies together, long after our children have grown and moved on with families of their own and maybe after our husband's have passed, tooling around town and still having the time of our lives.


Amanda with Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment