Monday, August 12, 2013

Baby-mobile- 8 wks 5 days

We bought a baby-mobile tonight, aka a new (used) Equinox.  I totally was not going to buy tonight.  We were at the dealership the other day to get some body work on my husband's car and we were walking around and he spotted a Ranger he liked.  So a sales guy came running out but it turned out the truck wasn't a 4X4 and we need that because my husband wants to try starting up his own lawncare business.  So the sales guy tells us, well that Silverado just came in today, the owner is here picking up his new truck.

So we went to look at it, it was a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500, which is more than enough to pull a landscape trailer and even put a plow on it for winter (and my husband is dreaming of a boat).  He said there were a few minor things wrong with it, so they'd probably be listing it for $2995.  We weren't even in the market for a truck yet....I mean maybe in the next six months, but this kind of fell in our lap and it sounded like a good deal.  So my dad met us out there today to get a second opinion on it and he said it seemed like a good truck, especially for the price.  We took it for a spin and it ran nice, it actually sounded better than I expected it would.  It's only got 108,000 miles which is amazing for an almost 17 year old truck.

So we took it.  While we were there I wanted to test drive an Equinox just to make sure I liked them before I had my heart set on buying one.  When we walked the lot on Saturday they only had one 2012 (which is the year I was looking for) and two 2010s however none of them were AWD which is what we wanted.  So I figured I'd test drive the 2012 just to get a feel for it and then when we're ready to buy in October or November my sales guy could find one at another dealership.  So he went to find the 2012 and when he pulled up I assumed it was that one since it was also black.  My husband got out and said well, this one is a 2008, but it is AWD and it's only got 40,000 miles.

I was a little leery since that's only one year newer than my Impala, but it was rather pretty.  It's a sports package so it has dual exhaust, a moon roof (I've missed having a moon roof) tinted rear windows (which is nice so we don't have to get those stupid baby shades for the windows), leather seats, heated seats I might add, etc.  So...I couldn't pass it up.  Yeah it's a little older than I was planning on but the miles are great and it seems like a great vehicle, and the best part is it was 10 grand cheaper than the ones I was looking at, so that's always a plus. 

So I'm going to be busy tomorrow, I just spent a day switching my car insurance and home owners insurance to the same company/agent as my husband's car, so now I've got to call him back tomorrow and say ok, switch my insurance to the Equinox, put PLPD on the Impala and also on the truck.  My uncle expressed interest in my car so my dad is going to call him tomorrow and get a final answer.  I'm really hoping he wants it, I would love to avoid having to sell it to a stranger.

Now I know I didn't need an SUV for one kid.  Hell the Equinox isn't even really any bigger than my car.  It still seats the same and I can't even say the back end is any bigger than my trunk....but like I said, I'm sick of Michigan winters without AWD, and I think it will be much more convenient to have the back end for the stroller and groceries and stuff.  And we could afford it so why not.

So we were at the dealership forever, so it was fairly dark as we were leaving and went right by the cemetery, so we swung through and the light was on.  I love it, it's very pretty.  My chalkboard also came today.  I decided this time when I do my weekly pictures, to include a chalkboard of what week it is and what's happening that week.  Just a fun little thing we can do different this time.

I went to my family doc tonight to follow up on the UTI.  It's 100% clear, so that's good, but he laughed when I told him the ER doc gave me Amoxicillan.  He said if my infection had been anything more than just a run of the mill UTI, that med would have done nothing for it.  Whew!


Kayla's nightlight


No comments:

Post a Comment