Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet relief- 8 wks 2 days

I felt sooo much better today.  The diarhhea is gone, my stomach was still a bit upset today, especially after my attempt at a real lunch, but I'll take it over being best friends with the toilet all day.  I've been a bit nauseas, but it comes and goes and I can usually get it to leave me alone for a while with tums.  Ahhh, it's so nice to feel human again.  I lost 5 pounds this week from all the vomiting and lack of eating.  Not the best way to lose it, but Lord knows I could use some weightloss so I hope it stays off.

So today I realized how lucky we are.  I was reading some GTKYs on TB ("getting to know you" threads) and one was about how long you've been trying since your loss.  Some women were on their fourth cycle, some weren't even sure when and if they are ovulating or where they were at in their cycles.  I stalk these threads, waiting for the good news that my fellow loss mamas are expecting their rainbows.  I feel so blessed that it happened so quickly for us this time.  After 7 months for the first time, 12 months the second time and 100+ day cycles, I am beyond thankful I had normal 28-day cycles and success on our second cycle.

We have to go pick up my husband's car from the dealership tomorrow, he got a bunch of work done on it.  If the sales side is open, I think we'll test drive an Equinox while we're there.  I wasn't planning on buying one until my car sells in October, but I guess my uncle is looking to buy an Impala for my cousin.  I am not sure if he is interested since he is only looking to spend about 8-8500....but I was hoping to start my car at $9500 but more than likely get closer to 9 for it.  If I can avoid the hassle of selling it to a stranger, I'll let go of $500 to sell it to him.  Besides I really do love my car and it makes me a bit sad to think of selling it, so it makes me feel a little better to know my cousin might get it.

I'm looking forward to another cousin's wedding in October, but now I am finding myself thinking of things in the near future and wondering if I'll be able to go, if I'll be on bed rest by then.  The wedding is October 20th, I'll be very close to 19 weeks.  I'm so anxious to talk to my OB and find out the stats of bed rest with an IC.  Like, is it pretty much a given I'll end up on it at some point?  Or is there a good chance I may not need any at all?  Of course we won't know much until they start doing monitoring and see what my cervix does, but I'm just curious how many people with an IC make it to term without any bed rest.

It was like Christmas morning on our porch today.  I went a little nuts with the LTD Commodities catalog.  Yeah the stuff isn't top notch quality, but for the stuff I ordered it doesn't have to be.  I got these little stick on clips for the inside of our spice cabinet.  You stick them to the inside of the door and then clip in the spice bottle; they definitely helped free up some space on the shelf, and I found other uses for them too like holding the broom and fly swatter on the inside of a closet door.  We got two panels of sheer curtains...our living room is mostly browns, grays and blacks.  Our main curtains are brown and on the inner rod we had sheer white curtains to let in light and give a little privacy.  I'm not sure how they did it, but the cats love to sit on the window sill and some mysterious holes showed up in the sheer curtains over the last year (they both point to the other when asked about it).

So I got some beige colored ones, but still sheer with a pretty leaf pattern on them.  They actually go much better with our living room and the brown curtains, and I'm happy to see they're a little less opaque than the white ones were.  It's almost impossible to watch TV with the heavy curtains open during the day because of the glare coming in, so I'm hoping an unintended plus is that these new curtains block a little bit more sun.

We got this cute little table that slides under the bottom of the couch and the table top slides over the top of the couch cushion.  The table top is no bigger than a letter size piece of paper and just perfect to set a drink or snack on.  We don't have room for a coffee table and since our couch has the chase lounge on one end, it's not possible to have an end table where I sit.  So I usually end up either balancing stuff on my lap, or we have to have bulky TV trays out all the time....but this little table is perfect, I think I might get another one for the other end of the couch.  And its got a wrought iron (fake of course but whatever) leaf pattern that matches the curtains!

Finally we got a little solar powered night light for Kayla's grave.  She's a wee little baby, she needed a night light.  It's really pretty, a cylinder shaped glass with praying hands and a cross inside that lights up at night.  The cemetery technically never closes so we're going to take it to her tomorrow and then swing through some night to make sure it's glowing.  It didn't come in today's shipment, but I also ordered a rolling slim shelf that goes between the fridge and the pantry.  When we put in our dishwasher we had to sacrifice our only bank of drawers in our kitchen.  So we had to use some of our once spacious pantry to house bowls, silverware and cooking utensils.  So I'm excited to get this shelf to put some canned goods and other items on to free up some space in the pantry.  We got all of that for $60.00, including shipping.

I can't wait till baby related items can start being delivered.  We still have it on the registry that we made for Kayla, but we decided we're going to buy the crib ourselves.  I love that we have family and friends that can't wait to throw us a shower and buy us wonderful presents for Boo, but I feel like we need to provide things for Boo as well.  We already bought the glider just because we had the old completion coupon available, but I think we'll wait a while to buy the crib.  Even if we don't put it together, it makes me too nervous to have a crib in our house anytime before V day at least.

We have nothing on the agenda this weekend which makes me so happy.  I hope to just relax, do some laundry, take Noah for a walk and maybe finally tackle Kayla's memory box.  The nursery is just about finished, it's painted and the closet doors are on.  We just need to put the baseboards on.  So I'd like to get the clutter cleaned up, organize Kayla's things and start getting the room ready to be occupied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment