Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Today I am pregnant- 9wks 6 days

My appointment with my OB is in a little over an hour and I am stressing.  I had troubles sleeping last night, I was a little crampy so I got up at least once, maybe twice I am not sure, to make sure I wasn't bleeding.

I kept dreaming that an u/s showed a strong HB but the baby wasn't moving...so I have no ide what the heck that was supposed to mean.  My husband is meeting me at the hospital for my appointement, I told him to meet me by the fountaine (the fountaine that gets no more money from me) and he said if he is running late for some reason to still wait there for him.  Ugh, I hate being late to appointments, even if it is just three minutes.  I already feel sick to my stomach on the way to my appts, but if he's running late it's going to make me even more anxious.

I found these mantras online, I think I need to repeat them all over and over on my way there.

  1. “Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.”
  2. “I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise.”
  3. “My past does not dictate my future. A previous miscarriage does not mean I will have another miscarriage.”
  4. “Just because a friend/relative is having a miscarriage, does not mean that it will happen to me.” Miscarriage and pregnancy complications are not contagious, only fear and stress are.
  5. “Hope does not make bad things happen.” You cannot “jinx” your pregnancy by getting excited or telling someone. Live in the positive.
  6. This is the hardest: “There is nothing I can do to prevent a miscarriage from happening.” Worrying yourself sick doesn’t prevent a miscarriage. “And if (gods forbid) it were to happen again, I know I will survive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment