Sunday, August 18, 2013

Change of plans- 9 wks 4 days

I guess we are just not destined to get a dog.  My husband and I have been talking about it forever, almost the entire time we've been together.  I've always thought it would be nice to have a dog, but I was absolutely against it when we were in the apartment.  But then once we got the house we had so much settling in to do.  Then Vinny showed up and it was enough struggle to get him and Zoey to get along.

We finally made the decision a few months ago to get one and were planning on going to an adoption event next month to get one.  But then it dawned on me.  If I end up on strict bedrest, I can't take care of a new puppy.  So the puppy plan is on the backburner once again.  I see my OB on Tuesday and I plan to ask her what my chances are of bypassing BR altogether, but I think for the time being we need to shelf the dog plan.  When I told my dad he said good, and my FIL said awwww darn (sarcastically).  Ha, obviously neither of them are in favor of us ever getting a dog.  I find it funny though that the decision to get a dog has been 100 times harder than the decision to have a baby.

So the nursery is basically done.  My FIL came and painted a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant again since my husband and I both decided we wanted the room finished; it made us too sad to leave it the way it was.  So he painted it gray with white trim as we had planned.  The closet doors are on and he just came and finished putting the baseboards on last week.  All that's left is adding some trim around the closet doors and switching out the cream colored plugs and light switches for white ones.

I've been window shopping for nursery themes and I think I've got it narrowed down to a couple.  For a girl, I love the dragonfly set at Babies R Us.  I don't want to do a butterfly theme again since that would have been Kayla's, and sooo many girl sets have butterflies in them.  But I think the dragonflys are really cute.  I was looking for a blue boy's theme since I think it will look nice with the gray walls....I've narrowed it down to Dr. Suesse's "Oh the place you will go", rockstar monkeys, and turtles.  I guess we'll see which ones we like better in person when we go to register.

I realized the other day....I have Boo's ultrasound picture in my purse, and I hadn't looked at it since the day we got it.  That made me kind of sad; my doctor warned me that I might feel a little detached from this pregnancy and I do.  I'm very excited and I can't wait to meet Boo.  In some ways I am doing things that go along with being excited...ie, mentally planning the nursery, starting my weekly pictures, etc.....but sometimes I flat out forget I am pregnant, I'm not gazing at the u/s picture all day....

I guess it's my hearts way of trying to protect itself.  I am excited though to see my OB on Tuesday, I think they'll be doing an ultrasound and we should be scheduling my NT scan and the cerclage.

No comments:

Post a Comment