Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Beautiful heartbeat- 7 wks 6 days

We saw the heartbeat today, 176 bpm!  We've got ourselves a little athlete.  Kayla's was always on the higher side too and it's higher than hers ever was...hers was usually in the 150's and 160's.  Since I've been so sick lately, I was a lot less nervous for the ultrasound, but was still very thankful when she announced as soon as the wand was in that she saw a fetus and a heartbeat.  I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow.

So we graduated from the RE today and I have an appointment with my OB in two weeks.  I'm anxious to talk to her and ask my questions about the cerclage, one of them being, how soon will we know when it will be scheduled.  I am sure there will be many nervous times ahead, but today I feel very hopeful and I'm going to enjoy the feeling for as long as it sticks around.

So I woke up yesterday feeling extremely nauseas.  Brushing my teeth is what did me in, and of course I didn't make it to the toilet so I had to clean the sink.  I felt a little better, but once I got to work I felt like crap again.  After a while I decided to go to the bathroom and ended up throwing up.  My friend came in and asked if I was ok and if I needed anything.  Her cube is the last in the row, right near the hallway that is across from the bathroom, but I'm worried if she heard me, that others may have also.

She said no one else heard, but she may just be trying to spare me the worry.  So I ended up going home at 12...I hated to because MS could last a good deal longer, I can't go home everytime I am nauseas.  But yesterday and this past weekend have been a lot worse, so hopefully it won't always be that bad.  I ended up just laying/sleeping on the couch the rest of the afternoon.  I tried to eat a few things here and there like watermelon and chips and a sierra mist but the chips made me nauseas.  I kept down a bowl of cereal later on (crunch berries, yum) but I wasn't up to making dinner so my husband ordered shrimp from a pizza place and I ended up getting chicken strips.

They were ok, but I get full really fast so I saved the rest for lunch today.  I dozed off on the couch a few more times and then went to bed at 10:30.  I tossed and turned all night, I was so nauseas but also so gassy.  I just felt miserable....I got up at 5 thinking I had to puke.  It was so cute, everytime I got up my kitty would get up too, and as I was sitting in front of the toilet he would sit out in the hall.  Then when I dry heaved a few times he came in and nudged my arm with his nose, like "you ok momma?"  What a sweet kitty I have.  Unlike my other one that smacks me when I cry, lol.

So I couldn't puke, so I took some Malox and went back to bed.  I felt a little better, but now whenever I rolled over I would get stomach cramps.  I got to sleep in a little today because my appointment was later than I would normally leave for work, so about 30 minutes before I needed to get up, I got up to see if I could puke this time.  Nope, it was the other bathroom issue.  My doctor later told me that Malox tends to clean things out....ah yeah, that explains that.  Man, I don't know where it kept coming from.  So as I'm doing that, THEN my body decides it also wants to throw up; thank God for the garbage can.  However when I tried to clean it up, I dumped it into a Target bag that had a small hole at the bottom, so it got all over the floor and bath rug.  What a morning.

But the good news is, I feel much better now.  My nausea went from a constant 10, to a now and and again 5.  Maybe I puked it all out for a while.  But my doctor did give me an rx for Zofran, so hopefully when it does come back I can get some relief. 

Here is our precious little Boo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment