Thursday, October 24, 2013

Capture your Grief Day 24- 19 weeks

Day 24. Siblings This could be done two ways – your could photograph your own siblings and post about how grief has affect them or you can post about your other living children. I know that not everyone has living children but I felt it was important to include the children who are left here to grieve their brothers and sisters. Capture a sibling, niece or nephew’s grief. Maybe you could share a drawing they have done or even just a photo of them holding something that represents their brother or sister that they are missing. Give them a voice here.

This one is tricky.  My brother loved Kayla, and I know he was crushed, he was very much looking forward to being an uncle.  Well, he still is an uncle, but we all wanted her here.  But he's very private with his emotions, he doesn't bring up Kayla on his own much, and when I talk about it all he mostly just listens.

Since Boo isn't here yet, I'll talk about how we plan to let Boo know about her sister.  Of course she won't understand much early on, but we want to always talk about Kayla so that one day she isn't just told, by the way you have a sister in Heaven.  We'll take her to visit her grave, and since their birthdays will hopefully be close to each other, we'll make sure to include Kayla in our birthday celebrations with Boo.  

Here is a sweet picture of my niece at Kayla's grave.  My SIL did an amazing job explaining it to her and my nephew.  They drew adorable pictures on their balloons for her.  They both call her Baby Kayla.


No comments:

Post a Comment