Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's a girl!! -18 wks 5 days

I'm so happy and I feel so blessed.  The anatomy scan went perfectly, the tech saw nothing wrong and everything looked great, and we have another girl.  I would have loved a boy, but a small part of me really longed for another girl.  But above all, I am just so thankful everything looks good.  She is measuring exactly on track and she was wiggling all over.  I just can't wait to meet her, but hopefully not before March.

My cervical measurement also went great, it's 5cm, even longer than last time at 4.4!  Whew!  Such a weight off my shoulders.  Now we can for sure go to Vegas.  We booked the trip like two months ago, but we purchased trip insurance just in case we had to cancel if my cervix shortened too much, but since it actually lengthened, then all is good.  We leave in just over a week, and we're taking a long weekend.  I'm so excited.

We're still calling her Boo until she is born, much to my dad's dismay, he hates that nickname.  My husband had been in love with the name Kayla for years and years and even told me about it on our second date.  Long before we were even trying to get pregnant we referred to our future child as Kayla, so of course when we found out she was a girl, it was a no brainer and we called her that from day one.  So when we lost her, we just couldn't fathom naming her anything else, it was already her name.  But my heart breaks a little everytime I think about how much he loved the name, and how we didn't get to use it like we thought we would.  Yes it is still our daughter's name, but we should be calling her that everyday, not looking at it on her gravestone.

So I decided we cannot get that attached to another name, so while we do have a name picked out, she won't be called that until she is here, safe in our arms.  I don't know if we could do things differently, if God forbid the worst happened again, I don't know if we could reserve this name for another baby and pick another name, but right now that's our decision.  But for now, we are happy and blessed that Boo is healthy and well, and once she is born in March she'll be Emily Kathryn.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad the scan went well and you are blessed with a baby girl. Emily is a beautiful name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the healthy scan and beautiful baby girl! I found you from the bump. I live in Vegas and if you have any questions for your trip, let me know. Also, let me know if you want to have my doctor be "on call" for you while you are here, he is super cool and would do something like that (he gives his cell number to his patients). You can find me as avigailandcharlie on the bump or my blog at www.lifescravin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome; I hope to not have to use it, but I'll admit I am still a little nervous to be so far away from home. So having someone to call should I need it would be great, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm so happy the scan went well. Emily is a great name. She is so lucky to have a great mom like you who loves her dearly :)

    ReplyDelete