Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy Anniversary to us- 19 wks 6 days

Today is mine and my husband's 3rd wedding anniversary.  Our wedding was one of the best days of my life, and I'm so happy we're on this journey together.  We've grown in ways I could never have imagined we would.  Losing Kayla has been so hard on us, but it's become a bond that we share, and nobody else in the world gets what we're feeling except each other.  He was so amazing during the whole thing, so selfless and strong, I really don't know how I would have gotten through it without him. 

It's also the day my parents got married 42 years ago.  I never know what to do now that my dad has a girlfriend....I know he still loves my mom, but I can't really wish him a happy anniversary.  But I am sure it's a bittersweet day for him....he probably thinks back to their wedding day, all of the hopes and dreams that they had.  I wish my dad texted so I could tell him I'm thinking about him.  We're not very emotional people so that's really hard to say to him over the phone.

In about 36 hours we're getting on a plane to go celebrate in Vegas, our last "hurrah" if you will before Boo is here.  It won't be much of a hurrah though as I figure I'll be in bed by 10pm every night, but we're looking forward to seeing some shows and just getting out of here for a few days.  He has tomorrow off too, but I have to work and then we're leaving as soon as I get home.  I'd kill to have tomorrow off, but I could barely scrounge up the vacation time to take Friday and Monday.  I would just take it unpaid, but since we do have pretty good vacation/sick time policy here, taking unpaid days is frowned upon.  I've had to take several in the past 7 months, but those were medical and/or emotional reasons that couldn't be helped.  I doubt Vegas is a good enough reason to take an unpaid day.

But it's just as well, he probably wouldn't have packed tonight like he's supposed to, and then he'd be running around tomorrow evening trying to get packed so we can go.  At least now he has several more hours that he can put it off.  I'm still jealous though.

I'm such a dork, every morning I have to send out an email to everyone in my department a list of who is out/on vacation/coming in late etc.  It wasn't until I tried pulling up a report and nothing came up, that I realized I had put in 10/30/10 for the date for both the email and the report.  Even more surprising, only one person noticed my flub.

Ryan got home rather late last night; I figured work just ran late since it often does.  But he surprised me with an anniversary gift.  We already have the Promise cake topper from our wedding, and I've always loved this one and it's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment